SCHMOLZ + BICKENBACH operates six steel works in Europe and North America. Starting from melting operations and ending with high technology downstream processing, the group provides customers with a very large range of semi-finished and finished special steel products.
The Production division is organised as follows:
- Deutsche Edelstahlwerke (DEW) rolls and forges high quality tool steels, stainless steel long products as well as engineering steel in its 4 German locations: Witten, Siegen, Krefeld, and Hagen.
- Ugitechproduces a full range (bars, wire-rods and drawn wires) of stainless steel long products. Its main location is Ugine (FR)
- Swiss Steel is specialised in engineering and free-machining steels.
The production site is in Emmenbrücke (CH).
- Finkl Steel (US/CA) North American forges specialised in tool and engineering steels that end in demanding industries such as automotive, aerospace and oil and gas.
- Steeltec processes bright bars in Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Turkey.